Living with COVID-19
Following the changes to COVID-19 guidance on 1 April 2022, we have updated our information for families, as follows:
- If your child has symptoms of a respiratory infection and a high temperature, they should stay at home while they feel unwell and while they have a high temperature.
- Free PCR and Lateral Flow testing has ended for most people. If you want to arrange a test, you can purchase them from some supermarkets and pharmacies. Following a positive test, children are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 3 days. After 3 days they can return to school if they no longer have a high temperature.
- As always, if your child is unwell and you are worried, contact your GP or phone 111. In a medical emergency, phone 999.
- At school, we continue to do everything we can to reduce the risk of transmission; ventilation, hand hygiene and daily cleaning measures are in place to ensure we maintain a healthy environment as far as possible.
- Pupils who are being sent home with symptoms of a respiratory illness and a high temperature will be kept away from other pupils and staff whilst awaiting collection
- Face coverings in school continue to be voluntary
- Any school events and visitor arrangements will be carefully considered in advance.
- We will also continue to monitor any changes to government guidance and consult Public Health when necessary.
This statement replaces our previous Operational Plans. If you have any queries please contact the School Office.