Admissions / Joining Us
At New Siblands School we understand how important it is to make sure parents, carers and the referring authority have all the information they need in order to make the right decision regarding a school placement. Choosing the right placement can be a difficult and daunting process and we hope to make this as easy and as quick as possible.
A child or young person is eligible for a place at New Siblands if they meet the following criteria:
- They have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- They have a severe or profound leading disability (SLD or PMLD)
- In addition to their SLD or PMLD they may have an autistic spectrum condition or a physical or sensory disability
- The needs of the learner could be met with our resources without adversely affecting any other learner that currently attends
- Their needs are significant and affect most areas of their learning. Typical learners would be working well below age related expectations.
Visits from parents are recommended in order to help determine whether New Siblands would meet the needs of their child. Group visits are done on termly basis on each site. At present these visits are virtual and can be booked using our contact details.
Parents wishing their child to benefit from our provision should ask their local authority to consult with us. Any questions about this process should be directed to the local Education, Health and Care Plan team.
In South Gloucestershire the contact details are:
0-25businessSupport@southglos.gov.uk or 01454 868 008.
Click here for the Trusts Admissions Statement Policy