Achievement, belonging and celebration: valuing every child through fostering independence, inclusion, trust, respect and support.
Achievement: learners receive the challenge, care and support needed to achieve their potential
Belonging: we seek to challenge mind sets and help our learners to have a true sense of belonging in their school and wider community
Celebration: We celebrate every learner’s success, at every step of the way
New Siblands aims to equip our learners with the skills they need for each stage of their life. These may be academic, social, physical, moral or spiritual. Learners will be supported to communicate, work with others, manage emotions, maintain relationships, and to be as independent as possible. We also prioritise good mental health and wellbeing, so leaners have opportunities to engage in activities that will develop their self-esteem and confidence, and support them to feel part of the wider community they belong to.
In order to achieve these aims the school is committed to:
- Providing a broad, balanced, relevant and flexible curriculum
- Teaching in a way that motivates, engages and inspires a love of learning
- Offering learning beyond the school walls
- Ensuring meaningful inclusion is a reality
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to secure the best support for each pupil
Ms Carrie Osmond, Headteacher