New Siblands Year 7 Catch-Up Premium 2019/20
Year 7 Catch Up Premium
The value of Year 7 Catch Up Funding is £4,500. This is for 9 pupils in Year 7.
To address learning needs in Year 7 in the following area;
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
We are using the grant to provide programmes and resources that are effective in addressing learning needs in these areas for pupils with SLD and PMLD.
- See & Learn Resources and Training
- Objects of Reference Resources and Training
- High Quality Literacy Text and Related Resources
- Reading Schemes
- Numicon & Maths Resources
- To supplement training and resources of known effective programmes specific to SLD and PMLD
- To support good progress in maths and reading for Year 7 pupils
- Year 7 Pupils make good or better progress in reading, number, and shape, space and measure.
Allocation of Year 7 Catch Up Premium
Impact on Year 7 Pupils
Please note that progress was effected as school shut in March 2020 following a new assessment system being introduced in January 2020. So the progress is measured on 3 months of data.
Cohort of 9 learners in Year 7.
|Reading||2 (22%)||2 (22%)||4 (44%)||1 (11%)|
|Maths: Number||–||5 (55%)||3 (33%)||1 (11%)|
|Maths: SSM||5 (55%)||1 (11%)||3 (33%)||–|
- Assuming that progress continued at the same rate for the period of closure, Year 7 pupils in reading, number and shape, space & measure is good, demonstrating the effective use of Year 7 Catch Up Premium at New Siblands.
- New targets for Maths: SSM were introduced half way through the three month assessment period so pupils were new to these targets and were not able to move from maintaining to emerging.
- However, the cohort of learners is small and is not statistically significant.