New Siblands Primary Sports Funding September 2019 – March 20
Primary Sports Funding
The value of Primary Sports Funding for academic year 2019-20 is £16,660.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport you offer. This means that we should use the premium for the following:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- Primary pupils have access to rebound therapy, a targeted specialist provision
- Sports premium enriches the PE curriculum for primary pupils
- The works of the sports specialist augments the PE curriculum for primary aged pupils and readies them for continuing to be active in the secondary phase.
- The works of the sports specialist supports primary pupils EHCP outcomes for Physical Development
- Sports specialist models the delivery of PE sessions enabling class teams to develop their PE delivery skills to build capacity for the future
- Targeted primary pupils have regular time tabled rebound sessions
- Primary pupils will experience additional activities such as; off-site trips, tournaments and events, inclusion work with local schools
- Sports specialist interventions provide evidence of progress towards individual pupils Physical Development EHCP outcomes.
- SLT observations and staff feedback shows increased subject knowledge and confidence in working with pupils in all phases during PE activities.
Jane Hawkes – Sports Specialist Time
£244.32 per day x 38 days = £9, 284.16 per academic year
Resources need to be updated and refreshed in order to deliver a stimulating and motivating differentiated curriculum. Updating resources help pupils to maintain engagement, commit new skills to long-term memory, transfer learnt skills to a new activity and access a heuristic curriculum.
Resource spending will go towards the items listed below. This is not an exhaustive list but shows the main expected areas of spending.
- Sports day planning and preparation time
- Sports day resources
- Updating specialist PE resources and equipment
- Maintaining apparatus safely
- Inter and intra tournament resources; including trips and associated costs.
Please note that progress was effected as school shut in March 2020 following a new assessment system being introduced in January 2020. So the progress is measured on 3 months of data.
End of year progress information for KS1 and 2 for all areas of Physical and Sensory.
|Belonging||KS1 (5)||KS2 (7)|
|Expected||60 (3)||43 (3)|
|Exceeding||40 (2)||43 (3)|
|Achievement||KS1 (11)||KS2 (44)|
|Emerging||18 (2)||20 (9)|
|Expected||45 (5)||43 (19)|
|Exceeding||36 (4)||36 (16)|
- Progress is good or better for all areas of Physical Development across Key Stages 1 and 2, demonstrating that the impact of Primary Sports Funding at New Siblands is effective.
- In order for Key Stage 1 and 2 data to show outstanding progress, more learners will need to be working at exceeding level.
- Note that there are no learners on the celebration pathway in KS1 and 2.