Welcome to the New Siblands Physiotherapy Page.
Physiotherapy at New Siblands
We currently have two Physiotherapists working collaboratively with the teaching staff across the school.
This is Sarah Padwick This is Katharine Knight This is Marit SIleghem
We would like to say a very warm welcome to Marit SIleghem who is the new physio appointed by SIRONA to replace Sian Beasley who left at the beginning of December.
Marit will join Sarah Padwick in providing physio requirements for our pupils at New Siblands, but specifically taking over the case load of students previously seen by Sian.
Marit joins the school at a very difficult time, but I am sure she will soon be in contact with those families with students allocated to her as soon as possible, if this has not already been the case.
Sarah and Marit continue to be contactable by email at;
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or by phoning 01454 862435
This is Beth Carley
Beth works with the physios to assist them with their work at school.
Physiotherapy focuses on how muscles, joints and pain can affect physical skills, posture and walking leading to a functional difficulty. Physiotherapy is delivered by setting joint goals with parents and/or school. Therapy programmes are then set to meet these goals. We also assess children for supportive standing and walking equipment where it is required.
We like to work collaboratively with parents and invite you to contact us to arrange a convenient time to meet at school to review your child’s strengths, progress and needs together.
We also welcome phone calls and emails from parents and carers if coming into school is difficult for you.
If you have concerns about your child’s motor skills and they are not currently known to our service then you can request a referral via your Paediatrician, GP or the school health nurse.
- Tel: 01454 86 24 35
- Run on a Wednesday morning, every 3rd week of the month, by an Orthotist from North Bristol NHS Trust.
- For provision of boots, insoles, splints and helmets
- Contact your child’s class and ask them to leave a message for the Kerry Purnell, Leader of Physical Needs if you think that their Orthotics need to be reviewed. Kerry Purnell will then add the pupil onto list for the next available clinic.
- To check on provision of Orthotics you can contact the orthotics department directly on 0300 300 0110. They are now based at Highwood Pavillions in Patchway (at the Enablement Centre, Cribbs Causeway near to Jump softplay centre)
- Run biannually in school with Mr Guy Atherton, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
- If your child has orthopaedic needs outside of the annual clinic, they can be reviewed in one of the clinics run at Patchway Hub or Bristol Children’s Hospital.
- Hydrotherapy and Aqua Therapy sessions are run in the school pool by school staff on a Tuesday for children who are identified as having a clinical need for it.
- Children on the Physiotherapy caseload who require a hydrotherapy program will have a program written by a Physiotherapist who will teach school staff how to deliver the program.