This term we will be learning through the book “Aliens Love Underpants” by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort.
Silver class will be extending their topic through the book Aliens Love Underpants. We will explore space through the story and using role play, Makaton signs and sensory objects. Some pupils will write their own stories with a beginning, middle and end and create their own aliens. Whilst others will practice their reading. Other pupils still use the eye gaze to read the story and make choices.
Each week we will practice our fine motor skills by visiting the dough disco and doing topic based fine and gross motor skill activities. We continue using a reading approach called See&Learn to start our pupils off on their reading, which then progresses into a reading scheme. We try and read twice a week with each pupil.
Attention Autism (bucket) will continue daily for most pupils. Some pupils will take part in phonics groups to support their reading and writing skills.
Maths – Number
This term our maths will focus on adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and problem solving. For some pupils this will be joining in with number rhymes related to space and adding & taking items away. For others it will be practing counting up to 20 & adding and taking away using practical objects. For others still it will be multiplying, dividing and solving problems.
Please find below one of our warm up songs that your pupil might like to listen to at home.
Topic – Space
All learners will learn through;
- Making rockets
- Exploring the planets and their temperatures
- All swimming and hydrotherapy is cancelled until further notice due to the pool being out of action.
- Rebound therapy will continue on a Wednesday afternoon if your child has this.
- On Thursday afternoons, Jane, the PE specialist, will be bringing Christ the King pupils to our school for some Makaton and games as part of inclusion.
- Silver Class will be using the outdoor learning area on a Tuesday morning and Friday afternoon – we will be using forest skills to explore our new curriculum.
- Primay wing rainbow time will happen on a Friday morning. I will let you know what your child does using the home/school diary.