This term we will be studying the book “Alien’s Love Underpants” by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort.
Some of us will be writing instructions and writing recipes based on events in the book and some of us will be matching and writing key words from the story. Some of us will be exploring and matching objects of reference from the story.
This term we are looking at volume and capacity.
Some of us will be measuring the capacity of different containers and reading the scale to measure the amount. Some of us with be counting as we fill different sized containers with different materials. Some of us will be filling and emptying containers.
Our topic for this term is “Space” and these are some of the activities we will exploring this term
- Sensory stories
- Making planets in our solar system
- Fruit aliens
- Small world space
- Space counting songs
- Making space footprints
- Creating astronaut pictures
- Creating star patterns and pictures
- Using handprints to make aliens
- Creating space music using instruments
- Board games and turn taking games
- Primary wing rainbow time will take place on a Friday morning, students will take part in different activities so I will let you know what your child is doing through the home/school diaries.