This term we will be studying the book “Harry and the bucket full of dinosaurs” by Ian Whybrow and Adrian Reynolds.
Some of us will be looking at writing our own story based on events in the book and some of us will be matching and writing key words from the story. Some of us will be exploring and matching objects of reference from the story.
This term we are looking at addition and subtraction.
Some of us will be completing column addition sums. Some of us with be completing number sentence sums and counting up to 20 objects. Some of us will be retrieving and stacking objects together.
Our topic for this term is “Dinosaurs” and these are some of the activities we will exploring this term
- Dinosaur printing
- Sensory stories
- Making dinosaur feet
- Dinosaur hunts outside
- Exploring archaeology through frozen dinosaurs
- Fruit dinosaurs
- Dinosaur footprint biscuits
- Small World Dinosaurs
- Creating fossils out of clay
- Creating mud caves, nests and dinosaur footprints in the outdoor area
- Using hand prints to make dinosaurs
- Dinosaur raps and songs
- Creating dinosaur music using instruments
- Board games and turn taking games
- Exploring feelings and making happiness boxes
- Primary Wing rainbow time will take place on a Friday morning, students will take part in different activities we will let you know what your child is doing through the home/school diaries.
- Sapphire class students who attend hydrotherapy sessions will continue to do so on a Tuesday morning.
- World Book Day is on Thursday 7th March 2019
- Comic Relief Day 2019 is Friday 15th March 2019