This term we will be studying the book “The Enormous Turnip”.
Some of us will be looking at sequencing pictures and retelling the story and some of us will be matching objects and pictures for different events and characters in the book.
Our topic for Terms 1 and 2 is called “How are you?” and over the two terms, we will cover the following.
- Makaton signs for the senses
- What our different senses are
- How food, exercise and sleep help keep us healthy
- What happens when we are ill
- How germs get into our bodies
- People who help us stay healthy
- People who discovered diseases and their cures
- Diseases from the past
- Why it is harder for people in poorer countries to stay healthy