Welcome to the New Siblands Physiotherapy Page.
Physiotherapy at New Siblands
We currently have two Physiotherapists working collaboratively with the teaching staff across the school.
This is Sarah Padwick This is Katharine Knight
Sarah and Katharine work across both Primary and Secondary Site and are in school on Wednesday mornings. The children we work with have been referred to our service for advice relating to their physical difficulties.
This is Claudia Ryall (Physiotherapy Technician).
Claudia works with Sarah and Katharine to assist them with their work at school.
Physiotherapy focuses on how muscles, joints and pain can affect physical skills, posture and walking leading to a functional difficulty. Physiotherapy is delivered by setting joint goals with parents and/or school. Therapy programmes are then set to meet these goals. We also assess children for supportive standing and walking equipment where it is required.
We like to work collaboratively with parents and invite you to contact us to arrange a convenient time to meet at school to review your child’s strengths, progress and needs together.
We also welcome phone calls and emails from parents and carers if coming into school is difficult for you.
If you have concerns about your child’s motor skills and they are not currently known to our service then you can request a referral via your Paediatrician, GP or the school health nurse.
- Tel: 01454 86 24 35
- Run on a Wednesday morning, every 3rd week of the month, by an Orthotist from North Bristol NHS Trust.
- For provision of boots, insoles, splints and helmets
- Contact your child’s class and ask them to leave a message for the Kerry Purnell, Leader of Physical Needs if you think that their Orthotics need to be reviewed. Kerry Purnell will then add the pupil onto list for the next available clinic.
- To check on provision of Orthotics you can contact the orthotics department directly on 0300 300 0110. They are now based at Highwood Pavillions in Patchway (at the Enablement Centre, Cribbs Causeway near to Jump softplay centre)
- Run biannually in school with Mr Guy Atherton, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
- If your child has orthopaedic needs outside of the annual clinic, they can be reviewed in one of the clinics run at Patchway Hub or Bristol Children’s Hospital.
- Hydrotherapy and Aqua Therapy sessions are run in the school pool by school staff on a Tuesday for children who are identified as having a clinical need for it.
- Children on the Physiotherapy caseload who require a hydrotherapy program will have a program written by a Physiotherapist who will teach school staff how to deliver the program.