Primary Sports Funding
The value of Primary Sports Funding for academic year 2018-19 is £13, 551.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport you offer. This means that we should use the premium for the following:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- Primary pupils have access to rebound therapy, a targeted specialist provision
- Sports premium enriches the PE curriculum for primary pupils
- The works of the sports specialist augments the PE curriculum for primary aged pupils and readies them for continuing to be active in the secondary phase.
- The works of the sports specialist supports primary pupils EHCP outcomes for Physical Development
- Sports specialist models the delivery of PE sessions enabling class teams to develop their PE delivery skills to build capacity for the future
- Targeted primary pupils have regular time tabled rebound sessions
- Primary pupils will experience additional activities such as; off-site trips, tournaments and events, inclusion work with local schools
- Sports specialist interventions provide evidence of progress towards individual pupils Physical Development EHCP outcomes.
- SLT observations and staff feedback shows increased subject knowledge and confidence in working with pupils in all phases during PE activities.
Jane Hawkes – Sports Specialist Time
- Progress is good for all areas of Physical Development across Key Stages 1 and 2, demonstrating that the impact of Primary Sports Funding at New Siblands is effective.
- In order for Key Stage 1 and 2 data to show outstanding progress, more learners will need to be working at exceeding level.