This term our class book is ‘Aliens Love Underpants’ by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort.
We will all be using Makaton signs, sensory objects, role play and the book itself to explore space. We will all be creating our own aliens. Some of our students will be writing stories and reading, while some will use eye gaze to explore the story.
We will continue to practise our fine motors skills by visiting our finger gym and joining in with the dough disco. ‘See and Learn’ will also continue. All of the above will happen on a weekly basis.
Attention Autism (Bucket) will take place on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
During maths this term we will be looking at adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and problem solving. This will involve counting to 20 and adding and subtracting to solve simple maths problems.
Topic – Space
- Making rockets
- Making our own planets using paper mache
- Making a space themed picnic
- Sensory stories
- Space counting songs
- Creating space music
- Tuesday morning we will continue with Outdoor Learning
- Wednesday morning some of us will be swimming at Bradley Stoke Leisure Center, while some will stay at school for Pet Therapy
- Wednesday afternoon is Rebound for those that have this session
- Friday morning will be Primary Wing Rainbow Time
- Friday afternoon some of us will be horse riding, while some will stay at school for a tapac/sensory session