This term we will be studying the book “Captain Flynn and the Pirate Dinosaurs: Missing Treasure!” written by Giles Andreae and illustrated by Russell Ayto.
Some pupils will be writing information texts and letters and drawing maps and wanted posters. Others will be answering questions, writing labels and sequencing events in the book. We will also be doing 1:1 reading activities. Some of us will be reading using our reading scheme and some of us will be reading through our See and Learn scheme. We also complete finger skill and scissor skills activities to support our fine motor skills development.
This term we are looking at numbers. We will be focusing on recognising numbers, matching numerals to the correct quantity, number bonds and taking away and adding using practical resources. Some of us will be also completing multiplication number problems. Each pupil in Gold class will be working on their own personalised targets,
Our topic for this term is “Ahoy Pirates!” and these are some of the activities we will exploring this term:
- Role Play Area Pirate Ship
- Songs about Pirates and Treasure
- Art activities – Sensory Message in a Bottle, Treasure Maps, Pirate bunting and Pirate Flags
- Treasure Hunts
- Sharing and teamwork
- Outdoor learning activities based on Pirate ships and Boats
- Pirate Cooking – Making Pirate Biscuits and Pirate Snacks