This term we will be studying the book “The Storm Whale in Winter” by Benji Davies. The story is about a boy called Noi who has not seen his friend the Storm Whale since he rescued him. Some pupils will be writing information texts, writing letters and posters. Others will be answering questions, writing labels and sequencing events in the book. We will also be doing 1:1 reading activities. Some of us will be reading using our reading scheme and some of us will be reading through our See and Learn scheme. We also complete finger skill and scissor skills activities to support our fine motor skills development.
This term we are looking at numbers. We will be focusing on recognising numbers, matching numerals to the correct quantity, number bonds and taking away and adding using practical resources. Some of us will be also completing multiplication number problems. Each pupil in Gold class will be working on their own personalised targets
Our topic for this term is “Igloos and Icicles” and these are some of the activities we will exploring this term:
- Exploring the concepts hot and cold in science
- Looking at the clothes we wear in winter
- Role Play Area Winter Travel Agents
- Naming, signing and sorting winter words
- Songs about winter and winter soundscape using instruments
- Art activities – snow flake printing, icy landscape collage, cold colour painting, paper mache snow scene
- Looking at Winter celebrations, such as Diwali, Christmas, Bonfire Night
- Role play with polar animals
- Staying safe – stranger danger, keeping warm, road crossing, wearing bright colours to see in the dark
- Work on being kind to animals
- Sharing and teamwork
- Winter dance based on penguins and polar bears
- Outdoor learning activities based on Winter
Gold Class with be swimming on a Wednesday morning.
Gold Class will be doing Outdoor Learning on a Tuesday morning.